Chicken Tikka Masala
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 30m
- Serves: 4
- Per serving: Calories: 261; Calories from Fat: 63
If there’s one dish guaranteed to be on every Indian restaurant menu, it’s chicken tikka masala. With Luiza’s recipe you’re only 40 minutes away from an outstanding chicken tikka masala that is fresher, healthier, cheaper, and tastier than anything you can order.
- 480 g chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 10 mL canola oil
- 1 small onion
- 15 mL grated ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 15 mL ground cumin
- 15 mL garam masala
- 5 mL turmeric, ground
- 15 mL chili powder
- 375 mL crushed tomatoes
- 125 mL light coconut milk
- 180 g plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2560 mL cilantro
- Heat oil in a heavy pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic, cooking for 1 minute. Then add cumin, Garam Masala, turmeric, chili powder, and salt, mixing well.
- Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, and yogurt. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Mix in cilantro and serve.