Berry Good Shortcake
- Prep Time:20m
- Cook Time:20m
- Serves: 3 2-stack shortcakes
- 2 oz light cream cheese
- 4 tbsp fat free whipped topping
- 1 3/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 5 packets Splenda Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 2 scoops Vanilla Premium Protein
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, whites only
- Mix cream cheese and whipped topping.
- In separate bowl, mix strawberries, 2 packets Splenda, and orange extract.
Place both bowls in refrigerator.
- Mix protein shake, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 3 packets Splenda. Add almond milk and vanilla extract, mixing well. Whip egg whites and fold into mixture.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, coat with butter spray, and add batter divided into 6 portions. Flip when batter starts bubbling and remove from heat when light golden brown and cooked through.
- Layer cream cheese filling and strawberries between cakes (2 pancakes per shortcake with equal amounts of filling and strawberries).
- Top each shortcake with lemon zest.
- It’s easy to prepare this recipe in advance. Just store the strawberries and filling separately in refrigerator and layer ingredients when ready to serve.